For 2024 recipient teachers, all travel, accommodation and professional learning expenses associated with the 2024 National Teacher Mentorship are covered by Bell Shakespeare. It is the school’s responsibility to provide and cover expenses for relief teaching during the mentorship week in Sydney.
Mentorship dates for 2024:
- 20 - 23 February 2024
- 5 - 8 March 2024
Breakfast, lunches and one dinner will be provided by Bell Shakespeare during the mentorship. It is the teacher’s responsibility to cover additional dinners and incidental sundry expenses.
Applying teachers must submit:
1) A statement of intent of no more than two (2) pages that addresses the following:
- Tell us about your school and community
- What are the specific challenges faced in your school/community?
- What is the current perception and place of Shakespeare in your school?
- How would the National Teacher Mentorship benefit you and your school community?
2) A support letter from your school Principal of no more than one (1) page, that:
- Confirms their support for you taking part in the program if selected;
- Confirms that the school will cover the cost of relief teaching in your absence;
- Outlines the value of the National Teacher Mentorship to the school; and
- Outlines a commitment to the support and provision of resources for the teaching of Shakespeare in your school.
If you have any questions during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org