We’re thrilled to be able to visit your school with our programs in person, and we want to assure you that we have procedures and policies in place to ensure the health and safety of the schools we visit, as well as our artists and staff.
Bell Shakespeare is in regular contact with the Department of Education with regard to our work in schools, and our COVID-19 procedures and policies align with current government guidelines.
Bell Shakespeare’s performance programs adhere to the Guidelines for COVID Safe Auditions, Rehearsals and Performances released by Live Performance Australia.
What you can expect from us:
- Bell Shakespeare has a COVID-Safe policy that aligns with current government guidelines, and all Bell Shakespeare staff and artists have been trained in this;
- All Bell Shakespeare performers, teaching artists and staff who will visit and work in schools are fully vaccinated for COVID-19;
- Proof of vaccination for Bell Shakespeare artists, teaching artists and staff will be provided on request;
- Bell Shakespeare staff/artists will bring their own PPE and sanitisation supplies to the school;
- Bell Shakespeare staff and artists will practice mandatory social distancing from teachers, students and other members of the school community;
- Bell Shakespeare programs will be contactless, ensuring no direct physical contact between our artists/staff and students and teachers; and
- We will not visit the school if any of our artists or staff are feeling unwell, or awaiting a COVID-19 test result.
What we ask of you and your school:
- Please provide us with any specific COVID-19 school policies and procedures you may have at least one week in advance of our arrival;
- Please ensure that the venue is size appropriate and allows for the minimum distancing requirements between Bell Shakespeare staff/artists and students;
- On arrival, inform our Teaching Artists or staff the location of handwashing facilities; and
- Ensure that students stay a safe distance from the playing space and our artists, and do not touch any Bell Shakespeare props, costumes, resources or set pieces.
Program specific information
For The Players performances:
- Any student interaction will be socially distanced and contactless;
- We have increased the amount of space between the first row of the student audience to our stage/performance area to a minimum of 2 metres; and
- We will sanitise all props and set pieces before and after our performance - these will only be used by Bell Shakespeare artists.
For Student Workshops, Shakespeare Seminars, John Bell Scholarship Auditions or Teacher Masterclasses:
- Bell Shakespeare Teaching Artists and staff will maintain social distancing requirements and no physical contact throughout the workshops;
- For Student Workshops we require at least one teacher in the room to assist with organising students physically in the space; and
- In advance of the workshop, Bell Shakespeare may send any necessary paper handouts to be printed by the school for use in the workshop as these cannot be sanitised.
Thank you for your assistance in ensuring our visit is a safe one. We look forward to seeing you soon.