We’re thrilled to be able to visit your school with our programs in person, and we want to assure you that we have procedures and policies in place to ensure the health and safety of the schools we visit, as well as our artists and staff.
Bell Shakespeare is a COVID Safe registered business, and our COVID-19 procedures and policies align with current government guidelines.
Bell Shakespeare’s performance programs adhere to the Guidelines for COVID Safe Auditions, Rehearsals and Performances released by Live Performance Australia.
What you can expect from us:
- Bell Shakespeare has a COVID-Safe policy that aligns with current government advice as it is updated, and all Bell Shakespeare staff and artists have been trained in this;
- Bell Shakespeare staff/artists will bring their own PPE and sanitisation supplies to the school;
- Bell Shakespeare staff and artists will practice mandatory social distancing as advised by government guidelines;
- Bell Shakespeare programs will be contactless, ensuring no direct physical contact between our artists/staff and students and teachers; and
- We will not visit the school if any of our artists or staff are feeling unwell or are awaiting a COVID-19 test result.
What we ask of you and your school:
- Please provide us with any specific COVID-19 school policies and procedures you may have at least one week in advance of our arrival;
- Please ensure that the venue is size appropriate and allows for minimum distancing requirements between Bell Shakespeare staff/artists and students;
- On arrival, inform our teaching artists/staff the location of handwashing facilities; and
- Ensure that students stay a safe distance from the playing space and our artists, and do not touch any Bell Shakespeare props, costumes, resources or set pieces, unless instructed to do so.
Program specific information
For The Players performances:
- We will designate an amount of space between the first row of the student audience and our stage/performance area in our set up on the day; and
- We will sanitise all props and set pieces before and after our performances.
For all other in-schools programs:
- Bell Shakespeare teaching artists and staff will ensure no physical contact with students/teachers during the delivery of the program;
- For Student Workshops we require at least one teacher in the room to assist with organising students physically in the space; and
- In advance of the workshop, Bell Shakespeare may send any necessary paper handouts to be printed by the school for use in the workshop as these cannot be sanitised.
Thank you for your assistance in ensuring our visit is a safe one. We look forward to visiting you soon.