If you book a Bell Shakespeare in-school program, you can be assured that we have procedures and policies in place to ensure the health and safety of the schools we visit, and our artists and staff.
Bell Shakespeare is a COVID Safe registered business. As we are a national touring company, we adhere to public health orders and guidelines specific to each state and territory we visit.
Bell Shakespeare’s performance programs adhere to the Guidelines for COVID Safe Auditions, Rehearsals and Performances released by Live Performance Australia.
What you can expect from us:
- Bell Shakespeare has a COVID-Safe policy that aligns with government advice as it is updated, and all Bell Shakespeare staff and artists have been trained in this;
- Bell Shakespeare staff/artists will bring their own PPE and sanitisation supplies to the school;
- Bell Shakespeare staff and artists will practice mandatory social distancing at all times from teachers, students and other members of the school community;
- Bell Shakespeare programs will be contactless, ensuring no direct physical contact between our artists/staff and students and teachers; and
- We will not visit the school if any of our artists or staff are feeling unwell or are awaiting a COVID-19 test result.
What we ask of you and your school:
- Please provide us with any specific COVID-19 school policies and procedures you may have at least one week in advance of our arrival;
- Please ensure that the venue is size appropriate and allows for the minimum distancing requirements between Bell Shakespeare staff/artists and students;
- On arrival, inform our teaching artists or staff of the location of handwashing facilities; and
- Ensure that students stay a safe distance from the playing space and our artists, and do not touch any Bell Shakespeare props, costumes, resources or set pieces.
Program specific information
For The Players performances:
- We have increased the amount of space between the first row of the student audience to our stage/performance area to a minimum of 2 metres; and
- We will sanitise all props and set pieces before and after our performance - these will only be used by Bell Shakespeare artists.
For all other in schools programs:
- Bell Shakespeare teaching artists and staff will ensure no physical contact throughout the workshops;
- For Student Workshops, we require at least one teacher in the room to assist with organising students physically in the space; and
- In advance of a workshop, Bell Shakespeare will send any necessary paper handouts to be printed by the school for use in the workshop as these cannot be sanitised.
Thank you for your assistance in ensuring our visit is a safe one.
Information correct as at October 2021.