Please read carefully the terms and conditions to which you are agreeing. Changes and cancellations to bookings cannot be accepted over the phone and must be made in writing via email.
The booking forms a binding agreement between Bell Shakespeare and the school, and the school is liable to make payment by the due dates. Bell Shakespeare will endeavour to accommodate any subsequent request for changes but reserves the right to retain the original arrangements and charge the full fee. Cancellations by Bell Shakespeare will result in rescheduling at a mutually agreed time or Bell Shakespeare will refund any payment made by the school.
It is the booking teacher’s responsibility to ensure student numbers are accurate, payment is organised and the school is notified of the booked activities. If a booking teacher leaves the school or goes on leave when the booked program takes place, it is their responsibility to pass all information of the booking to a new contact teacher before they depart, and to inform Bell Shakespeare of the change of contact teacher.
THE PLAYERS IN-SCHOOL PERFORMANCES:
2024 terms and conditions:
- PAYMENT: The full performance fee is to be paid within 30 days of the booking being processed. Full payment must be received before the performance date. A booking is processed once Bell Shakespeare sends an invoice to the booking teacher. For any performance with more than 140 students in the audience, the school will be issued a post-performance invoice for additional students over 140.
- CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations made more than 6 school weeks away from the performance will receive a full refund. Cancellations made within 6 school weeks of the performance date will result in 50% of the full performance fee being payable by the school.
STUDENT WORKSHOPS, PRIMARY SHAKESPEARE WORKSHOPS, SHAKESPEARE SEMINARS, NATIONAL TEACHER CONFERENCE AND PROFESSIONAL LEARNING:
- PAYMENT: Full payment is due within 14 days of the booking being processed. A booking is processed once Bell Shakespeare sends an invoice and booking confirmation to the booking teacher.
- CANCELLATIONS: No refunds will be given for cancellations made within 14 days of the masterclass or workshop date.
BELL SHAKESPEARE SHORTS FESTIVAL
Read full terms and conditions here.
ARTIST IN RESIDENCE
- PAYMENT: A 25% non-refundable deposit of the agreed program fee is to be paid within 28 days of booking. Final payment is due 6 weeks before the planned residency.
- CANCELLATIONS: Once a booking has been confirmed by receipt of a booking confirmation sent by Bell Shakespeare, the school is liable to pay the total cost of the original booking.
- CONTENT DESIGN AND LOGISTICS: Once a booking has been confirmed, a Bell Shakespeare staff member will liaise with the booking teacher to design an outline and schedule for the residency. Bell Shakespeare will then advise the school of the presenting Teaching Artist, who will then contact the teacher directly to design the content and specific aims for the week.
N.B.: Teachers must continue to liaise with Bell Shakespeare staff in regards to all aspects of the residency other than content (i.e. payment, schedule etc.).
SCHOOL MATINEE BOOKINGS
- PLEASE NOTE: Student ticket prices are available for designated school matinee performances. A limited allocation of student-priced tickets may be available to school group bookings in general public performances.
- PAYMENT: A 25% non-refundable deposit is to be paid within 14 days of the booking being processed. A booking is processed once Bell Shakespeare sends a deposit invoice to the booking teacher. Final payment is due 6 school weeks prior to the performance season start date.
- Where a booking is made within 8 weeks of the performance season, payment for the full booking is due within 14 days of the invoice date.
- If a booking is made within 2 weeks of a given performance, full payment must be received by Bell Shakespeare no later than 48 hours prior to the performance. Please allow 2-3 business days for direct deposits and cheques to be received. Bell Shakespeare is able to accept credit card payments via telephone.
- CHANGES TO NUMBERS: Once a booking has been processed, tickets can be reduced by a maximum of 10% of the original booking only up to 6 school weeks before the performance season start date. Tickets can be increased pending availability. No reductions in ticket numbers can be made less than six school weeks prior to the performance season start date. The school is liable for the total cost of the booking if changes/cancellations are made within this time.
- CANCELLATIONS: If a booking is cancelled more than 6 school weeks prior to the start of the performance season, the school is liable to pay the deposit amount of the booking. If a booking is cancelled within 6 school weeks of the performance season start date, the school is liable to pay the total cost of the original booking.
- SYDNEY, MELBOURNE AND CANBERRA SEASONS: School contact information will be shared with the performance venue to facilitate the booking process.
NATIONAL TEACHER MENTORSHIP
In order to be considered for the 2024 Bell Shakespeare Regional Teacher Mentorship you must agree to the following conditions:
If successful as a Mentorship recipient I agree to:
- Take up the mentorship from 20 – 23 February 2024 or 5 – 8 March 2024 (not inclusive of travel);
- Actively participate in all parts of the mentorship program;
- Submit a Shakespeare unit plan within six months of the mentorship week;
- Complete Bell Shakespeare surveys prior to and throughout the program to measure impact and evaluate program effectiveness;
- Maintain contact with Bell Shakespeare and utilise Bell Shakespeare’s Learning Programs and resources with my students;
- Report to my state/territory DET and relevant Professional Teacher Association on my Regional Teacher Mentorship experience; and
- Agree to my personal statement being shared with the Regional Teacher Mentorship’s supporting funders (not for publication).
By providing my details I understand that Bell Shakespeare may contact me about this and other relevant learning programs in my area.
Due to the changing nature of restrictions, your booking may be subject to change. Bell Shakespeare will do everything possible to accommodate alternative dates, and we will inform you of any changes to your booking.
Bell Shakespeare is working closely with government departments and venues to ensure your booked activity is safe. If your booking is cancelled due to COVID-19 you will be given the option to reschedule to a suitable alternative date, or given a full refund.
Bell Shakespeare's ticketing terms and conditions, including COVID-19 specific information, can be found here.