Bell Shakespeare Shorts Festival
Calling all budding filmmakers! Bell Shakespeare is excited to announce a film festival where students are in the director’s seat. A national festival of short films about and inspired by Shakespeare that reflect unique Australian communities.
Participating schools and students will have access to a suite of resources on filmmaking, performing Shakespeare, information for teachers and a live streamed Q&A. Once registered, access the resources here.
Win great prizes and share in Shakespeare storytelling with schools across Australia!
CREATE A FILM IN ONE OF TWO CATEGORIES
Retelling — films using Shakespeare’s original text and story
Reimagining — films that adapt, rework or are inspired by Shakespeare’s works
To be eligible for the Festival, films must be:
- Submitted in one of two categories – Retelling or Reimagining;
- Of or inspired by Shakespeare’s plays;
- Reflective of the student’s school and/or unique community where the student lives, in some way;
- No more than 5 mins in duration (secondary), and no more than 3 mins in duration (primary); and
- Shot on any device including smartphone, tablet or video camera.
Read the full terms and conditions here.
- $250 flat fee for all participating schools (revised fee for 2020, in light of current circumstances). The entry fee is applicable per school, regardless of how many classes participate in the festival.
- $25 for an individual entrant (whose school is not participating in the Festival or who is from registered home schooling) or household.
Artistic Director Peter Evans will be joined by Wayne Blair, Lisa McCune, Will McDonald and Kate Mulvany to judge the film entries.
28 January 2020 Registrations open
From 22 March 2020 Teacher resources available online
2 April 2020, 5pm Live stream festival Q&A. Register here. (also available as part of the resources after this date)
27 April 2020 Submissions open
3 July 2020, 12pm 2020 Submissions close
INFORMATION PACK & TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com