Regional Teacher Mentorship
Supported by the Australian Government and Teachers Mutual Bank, The Regional Teacher Mentorship is a fully-funded, year-long mentorship with Bell Shakespeare.
Each year thirty teachers from regional, rural and remote Australian schools are selected to take part in the programme. which includes four days of Professional Learning at Bell Shakespeare HQ in Sydney. Here teachers receive specialist training in practical and innovative strategies for teaching Shakespeare, collaborate and network with regional teachers from around Australia, design a Shakespeare unit plan and see a Bell Shakespeare production at Sydney Opera House.
On return to their school, teachers receive ongoing support from Bell Shakespeare artists and staff, as well as access to in-school and in-theatre programmes where possible.
Important information about the 2018 Mentorship
Applications open Monday 9 October 2017
Applications close Monday 27 November 2017, 5pm
Successful applicants notified by Monday 11 December 2017
Dates of Mentorship Week 2-5 March 2018 (Group 1), 16-19 March 2018 (Group 2)
How to Apply
Applying teachers must download teh application form on the right hand side of this page, and submit:
1) A completed application form.
2) A statement of intent of no more than two (2) pages that addresses the following:
• Tell us about your school and community
• What are the specific challenges faced in your school?
• What is the current perception and place of Shakespeare in your school?
• How would the Regional Teacher Mentorship benefit you and your school community?
3) A support letter from your school Principal of no more than one (1) page, that outlines:
• The value of the Regional Teacher Mentorship to the school; and
• A commitment to the support and provision of resources for the teaching of Shakespeare in your school.