Regional Teacher Mentorship
Thanks to the Australian Government and Teachers Mutual Bank, the Regional Teacher Mentorship offers 30 teachers from regional and remote Australian schools a fully-funded, year-long mentorship with Bell Shakespeare.
If you’re running low on inspiration, not sure how to successfully engage your students with Shakespeare, ready for a challenge, have limited access to PD or resources, or just need to connect with likeminded individuals, then this incredible program is for you.
Teachers will play student for an intensive four days of practical, collaborative, and tailored training at Bell Shakespeare HQ in Sydney. They will design new curriculum content, network with other teachers from across Australia, challenge themselves, strengthen their teaching arsenal, and see Hamlet at Sydney Opera House. They will then return to their schools where they will receive mentoring and ongoing support from Bell Shakespeare staff and Teaching Artists for the duration of 2020.
All travel, accommodation and Professional Learning expenses are provided.
Who’s it for?
English and/or Drama teachers from regional or remote Australian schools.
How to apply?
Applying teachers must download the application form on the right hand side of this page, and submit:
1) A completed application form.
2) A statement of intent of no more than two (2) pages that addresses the following:
– Tell us about your school and community
– What are the specific challenges faced in your school?
– What is the current perception and place of Shakespeare in your school?
– How would the Regional Teacher Mentorship benefit you and your school community?
3) A support letter from your school Principal of no more than one (1) page, that outlines:
– The value of the Regional Teacher Mentorship to the school; and
– A commitment to the support and provision of resources for the teaching of Shakespeare in your school.
Send the completed application form, statement and support letter to us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Monday 25 November 2019, 5pm
– Successful applicants notified early December 2019
– Group 1: Friday 28 February – Monday 2 March 2020
– Group 2: Friday 20 March – Monday 23 March 2020
Please note, travel to and from Sydney is in addition to these dates.