The Players are Bell Shakespeare’s touring ensemble of actors, reaching schools across Australia with dynamic, accessible and entertaining Shakespeare performances. Professional artists will deliver age-appropriate performances to challenge and inspire your students and support your teaching of Shakespeare.
The Players 2020 tour has been temporarily postponed. If you have booked a performance, we will have been in contact regarding our visit. For any enquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Just Romeo and Juliet! (Years 3-7)
- Such Sweet Sorrow (Years 7-10)
- Macbeth: The Rehearsal (Years 10-12)
Originally by William Shakespeare
Messed around with by Andy Griffiths
Adapted by Joanna Erskine
In 2019 Just Romeo and Juliet! took Australia by storm, and we’re excited to announce it’s back for 2020.
When Andy unwittingly auditions for a school production of Romeo and Juliet, he gets more than he bargained for. Featuring Shakespeare’s original language within a madcap adventure, follow Andy, Danny and Lisa as they rehearse the greatest love story ever known with hilarious results. It’s Andy Griffiths’ beloved humour in a rollicking tale of Shakespearean proportions.
Perfect for those just starting out on their Shakespeare journeys, as well as those well versed in the Bard.
- $995 for up to 140 students. Additional students $7 each up to maximum of 200. Schools experiencing financial, socioeconomic and/or geographic challenges may apply for a Sharing Shakespeare subsidy. Please contact the Learning team to find out more.
- 45 minute performance + 10 minute Q&A
- $1190 for up to 140 students. Additional students $8.50 each up to maximum of 200.
- For schools with an ICSEA ranking of 1000 or less each performance is $995 for up to 140 students. Additional students $7 each up to maximum of 200.
- 50 minute performance + 10 minute Q&A