1. Bell Shakespeare respects an individual’s rights to privacy and protects the personal information provided to Bell Shakespeare by individuals.
2. Personal information held by Bell Shakespeare comprises:
- Telephone, facsimile, e-mail address and other personal contacts provided from time to time
- Other personal details as provided from time to time, such as name of partner
3. Personal information held by Bell Shakespeare is used to assist the functioning of Bell Shakespeare, particularly in the marketing and development activities of the Company. These activities may include promotion of third party partners of Bell Shakespeare who support the companies activities.
4. Bell Shakespeare keeps personal information confidential at all times and uses or discloses information only:
- To ensure the efficient functioning of Bell Shakespeare
- When required by law to disclose the information
- When otherwise authorised by an individual to do so
5. When you book a ticket through Sydney Opera House, Arts Centre Melbourne or Canberra Theatre Centre, the personal information you provide will be entered into a database which Bell Shakespeare will be given access to as the producing and presenting partner.
6. Our database is a customer relationship management system which is shared by Sydney Opera House and other Australian arts organisations (“Organisations”) who use a common customer relationship system known as Tessitura, for the purpose of ticketing, marketing, fundraising and customer relationship management. The Organisations are able to view your name and contact details (e.g. address, email and phone numbers) when those details are given to us or Sydney Opera House and entered on the database (“Contact Information”). This is so we can process your current and future transactions as effectively as possible without asking you to provide the same information repeatedly, and also helps ensure the speed and efficiency of any of your dealings with the Organisations.
The current Organisations are Sydney Opera House, Opera Australia, the Australian Chamber Orchestra, Bell Shakespeare, Pinchgut Opera, Sydney Living Museums, and Sydney International Piano Competition.
The other Organisations are not permitted to use the information they can access in the database for their own marketing purposes (unless you have a separate relationship with the Organisation, that permits them to do so). Other information you provide to us, that is not mentioned above, is not accessible by the Organisations.
7. An individual may obtain a copy of their personal information held by Bell Shakespeare upon written request and upon payment of a reasonable fee to be determined by Bell Shakespeare.
8. DoubleClick: Google Analytics remarketing codes are used to record instances where users view certain pages or take certain actions on a website. This will later enable us to offer targeted advertising. If you do not want to be a recipient of targeted advertising, you can opt out through the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
9. When you visit this site third parties (such as AdRoll) may place cookies on your browsers for targeted advertising purposes. Data collected for targeted advertising includes IP addresses, cookie identifiers, and your website activity.
The Australian Government has provided a fact sheet so you can stay informed about online advertising; https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/privacy-fact-sheets/general/privacy-fact-sheet-4-online-behavioural-advertising-know-your-options
The collected data may be used by third parties to target advertising on other sites based on your online activity. You are able to opt out of receiving targeted advertising by using one of the methods described on these websites;
If you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy or misuse of your personal information by Bell Shakespeare, please contact the Head of Marketing in writing or by contacting us on 1300 305 730. It is our policy to handle complaints in a timely, effective, fair and consistent manner.