Whether you are coming to the theatre or we are visiting your school, we have all you need to know about the day. If you have any more questions, please get in touch!
GETTING TO THE THEATRE
IN SCHOOL PERFORMANCES
Are we coming to your school? We can’t wait! Click the links below for extra information about our actors and the visit.
For a Risk Assessment from one of our partner theatres, click below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read carefully the terms and conditions to which you are agreeing. Changes and cancellations to bookings cannot be accepted over the phone and must be made in writing via email.
The booking forms a binding agreement between Bell Shakespeare and the school, and the school is liable to make payment by the due dates. Bell Shakespeare will endeavour to accommodate any subsequent request for changes but reserves the right to retain the original arrangements and charge the full fee. Cancellations by Bell Shakespeare will result in rescheduling at a mutually agreed time or Bell Shakespeare will refund any payment made by the school.
It is the booking teacher’s responsibility to ensure student numbers are accurate, payment is organised and the school is notified of the booked activities. If a booking teacher leaves the school or goes on leave when the booked program takes place, it is their responsibility to pass all information of the booking to a new contact teacher before they depart, and to inform Bell Shakespeare of the change of contact teacher.
- PAYMENT: A $250 non-refundable deposit per performance is to
be paid within 14 days of the booking being processed. A booking is processed once Bell Shakespeare sends a deposit invoice to the booking teacher. According to student numbers, final payment will be invoiced after the performance and is due within 14 days of a final invoice being sent.
- CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations made more than 8 school weeks away from the performance will result in a loss of deposit payment. Cancellations made within 8 schools weeks of the performance date will result in the full minimum fee being payable by the school.
IN-THEATRE PERFORMANCES (HAMLET & THE COMEDY OF ERRORS)
- PLEASE NOTE: Student ticket prices are only available when
booking tickets for designated school matinee performances. In some circumstances, a limited allocation of Under 30-priced tickets may be available, otherwise concession-priced tickets will be available to all school group bookings in general public performances.
- PAYMENT: A 25% non-refundable deposit is to be paid within
14 days of the booking being processed. A booking is processed
once Bell Shakespeare sends a deposit invoice to the booking teacher. Final payment is due 6 school weeks prior to the performance season start date.
- Where a booking is made within 8 weeks of the performance season, payment for the full booking is due within 14 days of the invoice date.
- If a booking is made within 2 weeks of a given performance, full payment must be received by Bell Shakespeare no later than 48 hours prior to the performance. Please allow 2-3 business days for direct deposits and cheques to be received. Bell Shakespeare is able to accept credit card payments via telephone.
- MACBETH ONLY: Early bird tickets ($22) are strictly limited and allocated in order of receipt of booking form. Available until 30 November 2018 or until sold out.
- CHANGES TO NUMBERS: Once a booking has been processed, tickets can be reduced by a maximum of 10% of the original booking only up to 6 school weeks before the performance season start date. Tickets can be increased pending availability. No reductions in ticket numbers can be made less than six school weeks prior to the performance season start date. The school is liable for the total cost of the booking if changes/ cancellations are made within this time.
- CANCELLATIONS: If a booking is cancelled more than 6 school weeks prior to the start of the performance season, the school is liable to pay the deposit amount of the booking. If a booking is cancelled within 6 school weeks of the performance season start date, the school is liable to pay the total cost of the original booking.
- SYDNEY, MELBOURNE AND CANBERRA SEASONS: School contact information will be shared with the performance venue to facilitate the booking process.
1. PAYMENT: Payment is due within 14 days of the booking being
processed. A booking is processed once Bell Shakespeare sends an
invoice for the total amount to the booking teacher. Full payment must be received by Bell Shakespeare no later than 48 hours prior to the booked broadcast performance.
2. CANCELLATIONS: No refunds will be given for cancellations made within 14 days of the broadcast performance.
3. BROADCAST: Schools are not permitted to record, distribute or make any copy of the broadcast.
STUDENT WORKSHOPS, PERFORMANCE SEMINARS AND PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
- PAYMENT: Full payment is due within 14 days of the booking being processed. A booking is processed once Bell Shakespeare sends an invoice and booking confirmation to the booking teacher.
- CANCELLATIONS: No refunds will be given for cancellations made within 14 days of the masterclass or workshop date.
ARTIST IN RESIDENCE
- PAYMENT: A 25% non-refundable deposit of the agreed program fee is to be paid within 28 days of booking. Final payment is due 6 weeks before the planned residency.
- CANCELLATIONS: Once a booking has been confirmed by receipt of a booking confirmation sent by Bell Shakespeare, the school is liable to pay the total cost of the original booking.
- CONTENT DESIGN AND LOGISTICS: Once a booking has been confirmed, a Bell Shakespeare staff member will liaise with the booking teacher to design an outline and schedule for the residency. Bell Shakespeare will then advise the school of the presenting Teaching Artist, who will then contact the teacher directly to design the content and specific aims for the week.
N.B.: Teachers must continue to liaise with Bell Shakespeare staff in regards to all aspects of the residency other than content (i.e. payment, schedule etc.).
By providing my details I understand that Bell Shakespeare may contact me about this and other relevant learning programs in my area.
To make sure everyone in the audience and on the stage has a good time, we ask you to ensure that your students:
– Laugh but don’t chat
– Listen and don’t text, tweet or call (turn off their mobile and iPod)
– Be on the edge of their seat but not in anyone else’s (or the aisle!)
– Take home a great experience but don’t take photographs
– Write notes later or they might miss something magical
– Bring a hunger for knowledge but don’t bring food or drink into the theatre.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I really want to include a Bell Shakespeare experience, but you’re not performing any of the texts we study this year.
This is a common problem for many teachers. If you can’t find an In-School Performance or a main stage performance for the texts you are studying this year, give us a call. We’d love to talk to you about Student Workshops, Performance Seminars or Shakespeare Adventures, where your students can gain deep insight into the plot and themes of the play in a two-hour masterclass with one or more Bell Shakespeare actors.
Can I bring a school group to an evening performance?
You sure can! While our designated 11am school matinee performances are the best for schools, both in terms of price and engagement, we totally understand that sometimes these performances don’t work for everyone. We have a limited allocation of reduced priced tickets for certain performances. Give us a call on 1300 305 730 to discuss the best solution for your students.
I only have a few students in my year/class/school!
If you only have one class studying a text we would recommend contacting local schools to join together for an In-School Performance, or if you are interested in a workshop we can run a Student Workshop for up to 40 students (depending on dates/location).
Can I make a tentative booking for an excursion for my students?
Unfortunately, we are unable to pencil in bookings for in-theatre performances. In order to secure a booking we require final approval from your school as indicated by the second signature on the form. Once we receive a completed form we can reserve your booking.
I don’t know how many students I will have next year. Am I able to book now and then change the number of tickets later?
Once your booking is confirmed, you are only able to reduce ticket numbers by 10% up to 6 weeks before the start of the performance season in your city. You are able to add as many as you like, subject to availability, so it’s best not to overcommit yourself.