FOR PRIMARY AND SECONDARY STUDENTS
The Players are Bell Shakespeare’s touring ensemble of actors, reaching schools across Australia with dynamic, accessible and entertaining Shakespeare performances. Professional artists will deliver age-appropriate performances to challenge and inspire your students and support your teaching of Shakespeare.
Select your state from the right sidebar to view dates and book your 2020 Players performance!
Just Romeo and Juliet! (Years 2 – 7)
Originally by William Shakespeare
Messed around with by Andy Griffiths
Adapted by Joanna Erskine
Last year Just Romeo and Juliet! took Australia by storm, and we’re excited to announce it’s back for 2020.
When Andy unwittingly auditions for a school production of Romeo and Juliet, he gets more than he bargained for. Featuring Shakespeare’s original language within a madcap adventure, follow Andy, Danny and Lisa as they rehearse the greatest love story ever known with hilarious results. It’s Andy Griffiths’ beloved humour in a rollicking tale of Shakespearean proportions.
Such Sweet Sorrow (Years 7 – 10)
By Matt Edgerton & Joanna Erskine
Love, hate, laughs, revenge, brawls, swords, marriage, life and death – it’s fair to say that Romeo and Juliet has it all. Join The Players as we follow Shakespeare’s rebellious teens from youthful innocence to tragic conclusion. Featuring analysis of language techniques, character motivation and narrative devices, Such Sweet Sorrow is an interactive experience that will keep students on the edge of their seats, from first sight to final breath.
Macbeth: The Rehearsal (Years 10 – 12)
By Joanna Erskine
Become a fly on the wall when two actors and a director take on the Scottish Play in rehearsal, with illuminating and entertaining results. Play observer and participant in this immersive and interactive show, as The Players play and replay with famous scenes and soliloquies from Macbeth. Witness the play’s trajectory blur with the actors’ own journeys, illuminating key motivations, themes, language techniques and plot devices. A show that celebrates theatre-making, great storytelling and the power of the imagination.
2020 TOUR DATES
- $995 for up to 140 students. Additional students $7 each up to maximum of 200. Schools experiencing financial, socioeconomic and/or geographic challenges may apply for a Sharing Shakespeare subsidy. Please contact the Learning team to find out more.
- 45 minute performance + 10 minute Q&A
- $1190 for up to 140 students. Additional students $8.50 each up to maximum of 200.
- For schools with an ICSEA ranking of 1000 or less each performance is $995 for up to 140 students. Additional students $7 each up to maximum of 200.
- 50 minute performance + 10 minute Q&A