Bell Shakespeare Shorts Festival
Calling all budding filmmakers! Bell Shakespeare is excited to announce a film festival where students are in the director’s seat. A national festival of short films about and inspired by Shakespeare that reflect unique Australian communities.
Participating schools will have access to a suite of resources on filmmaking, performing Shakespeare, and information for teachers. Teachers will have access to a live streamed teacher workshop direct from Sydney Opera House.
Win great prizes and share in Shakespeare storytelling with schools across Australia!
CREATE A FILM IN ONE OF TWO CATEGORIES
Retelling — films using Shakespeare’s original text and story
Reimagining — films that adapt, rework or are inspired by Shakespeare’s works
– For primary students , films must be no more than three minutes in duration
– For secondary students, films must be no more than five minutes in duration
– Films can be shot on a smartphone, tablet or camera
– Films must use some of Shakespeare’s original text or be inspired by Shakespeare’s use of language, plays or characters
– Films must reflect your school and/or your unique community in some way
Full terms and conditions and all information will be available here from 2 November 2019.
$500 for schools with an ICSEA value of 1001 and above.
$250 for schools with an ICSEA value of 1000 or less.
Registrations open 28 January 2020
Festival runs Term 1–3 2020