Bell Shakespeare Shorts Festival
Calling all budding filmmakers! Bell Shakespeare is excited to announce a film festival where students are in the director’s seat. A national festival of short films about and inspired by Shakespeare that reflect unique Australian communities.
Participating schools will have access to a suite of resources on filmmaking, performing Shakespeare, and information for teachers. Teachers will have access to a live streamed teacher workshop direct from Sydney Opera House.
Win great prizes and share in Shakespeare storytelling with schools across Australia!
CREATE A FILM IN ONE OF TWO CATEGORIES
Retelling — films using Shakespeare’s original text and story
Reimagining — films that adapt, rework or are inspired by Shakespeare’s works
– For primary students , films must be no more than three minutes in duration
– For secondary students, films must be no more than five minutes in duration
– Films can be shot on a smartphone, tablet or camera
– Films must use some of Shakespeare’s original text or be inspired by Shakespeare’s use of language, plays or characters
– Films must reflect your school and/or your unique community in some way
$500 for schools with an ICSEA value of 1001 and above.
$250 for schools with an ICSEA value of 1000 or less.
Registrations open 28 January 2020
Festival runs Term 1–3 2020
An information pack for the Bell Shakespeare Shorts Film Festival will be available in February 2020. Please direct any questions in the meantime to firstname.lastname@example.org